Deputy Director of the Vehicle Technologies Office
The Department of Energy's (DOE) Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy - Headquarters is looking for a dynamic, innovative, seasoned executive to help lead all critical elements of the Vehicle Technologies Office (VTO).
As the Deputy Director of the Vehicle Technologies Office you will:
- Serve as the full Deputy and first assistant to the Director, VTO.
- Directly support the VTO Office Director to manage and direct the development, implementation and evaluation of national VTO technology planning, research and development, demonstration and regulatory strategies.
- Direct the formulation and integration of the scientific, engineering and technical requirements necessary to structure, manage, and implement effective vehicle technologies RDD&D programs and activities.
- Oversee the deployment of technologies and the necessary fueling infrastructure that enable cars and trucks to become highly efficient; through improved power technologies and cleaner domestic fuels, and to be cost and performance competitive.
- Provide vehicle technologies, scientific, engineering, technical, and programmatic considerations for analysis and support of planning and policy development and provide policy and analytical support to the senior management.
- Provide leadership, coordination, and policy guidance for all offices and agencies involved in DOE-led government/industry RD&D partnerships (e.g. U.S. DRIVE, 21st Century Truck, etc.).
- Manage the transfer of new technology to the transportation end-use sector via partnerships to which all patties contribute to the cycle of strategic input, technical concepts, funding for and participation in research and development projects, review, oversight, and feedback.
- Manage the VTO research performed by DOE Field offices, National Laboratories, universities, industry and other DOE offices including critical peer review and feedback regarding technical and managerial objectives.
- Manage the development and implementation of multi-year program plans and annual operating plans and manage the application of assigned resources to effectively achieve planned objectives.
- Develop annual program budget requirements, manage the utilization and distribution of approved funds, and provide interpretive guidance to research performing organizations.
- Assist in the development of responses to queries from DOE senior management, the White House, OMB, GAO, and Congressional committees and subcommittees about assigned technologies.
- Support the Director in serving as a focus for U.S. participation in matters related to the international transportation technologies community, and the transportation technologies aspects of the international energy efficiency and renewable energy community, including cooperative research and development, exchanges of technical information, conferences, workshops, and summit meetings.
- Support the Director in maintaining close contact and sensitivity to the technology base and decision-makers of U.S. transportation industry to keep abreast of accomplishments, capabilities, trends and needs, and be the focal point for governmental cognizance of the state of the U.S. industrial base with respect to vehicle technologies.
- Manage and supervise VTO staff. Build and promote a work-culture that is inclusive, collaborative, and maximizes the talent of VTO members.